Moving Into The Fast Lane
Athletics Northern Ireland undertook an innovative approach to find the right path forward for developing its high performance and talent systems.
- Uncertainty over the sustainability of current talent development models post London 2012.
- A lack of sufficient data to make informed decisions.
THE INSIDE TRACK:
We used both quantitative and qualitative data analytics to deliver a comprehensive assessment of current systems, evaluate scenarios, and find winning strategies by:
- Collating opinions from a range of squad athletes, University/College partners and their student athletes, as well Athletics NI senior personnel.
- Benchmarking current provision with the latest thinking within UK Sport, Team GB, British Athletics, and Sport Ireland to find a consensus of opinion.
- Identifying innovative solutions based on insights.
Athletics Northern Ireland implemented a new integrated structure in collaboration with UK Sport, British Athletics and Sport Ireland for best developing its elite athletes post the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and in advance of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.