REUNITING THE FAMILY
Munster put itself through an intensive organisational transformation in the summer of 2016 that led to outstanding results.
- Identifying systematic failures that had caused the pro team to finish 6th in the Guinness PRO12, and only just qualify for European Champions Cup rugby.
- Addressing the organisational and operating challenges resulting from a number of perceived root cause problems.
THE INSIDE TRACK:
We facilitated the opening up of all factions within the club as well as amongst key Board/Committee members and partner stakeholders to identify what everyone really thought and where fundamental changes needed to be made in the Munster business. The process involved:
- Analysing all professional and Academy player views through confidential interviews – the true picture.
- Uncovering trends, working methods, and processes that were impacting on a 100% focus on performance.
- Bringing together the entire organisation before the start of the season to address home truths, and ‘reunite the Munster family’
Munster took on board the No 1 recommendation from the review to focus its entire business on the pro team winning by ‘reuniting its family’ and lifting team performance from mid-table mediocrity to top the Guinness PRO12 table in one season, plus narrowly missing out on a place in the European Champions Cup Final. We have since been retained to plan and devise the province’s Strategic Plan for 2017-20 to ensure it delivers on its vision for Munster ‘To Be the Best Rugby Club in Europe Based on its Unique Ethos’.
“Thank for your professional approach to this review and your genuine feel for the organisation. We will take some immediate actions.”Garrett Fitzgerald
“Inside Track has provided an invaluable service and professional level of expertise to Thomond Park Stadium. Their approach and understanding of our requirements were very impressive, and this has enabled us to clarify our strategic thinking and planning for the future”John Cantwell